Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Poor Boy!

Back in July we found out Ray was anemic, not fun! I took him to the Doctor and his blood count was 16, it should be 36 for his age, so We were sent to the ER at Primary children's. Such a scary day for us, especially for Ray. He did so good while they ran all sorts of tests on him and gave him an I.V. (Dang nurse was telling me all the possibilities and the word cancer escaped her lips and I was a mess waiting for the results!) Ray would look up at me touch my cheek and say Mama and I was in tears. He had to have a blood transfusion which took four hours and we didn't get to leave until midnight, such a long day, but we were so relieved to know it was an Iron problem and not cancer or anything Life threatening. We also found out his Iron was low because his body can't break down proteins in Dairy so he wasn't absorbing Iron like he should, so now he drinks Soy milk and takes Iron supplements, all in all an easy switch. Now we are working on getting his numbers back up, last visit he was at 29, we are slowly getting there. I am really thankful for good Doctors and I'm especially thankful for this little guy! Mommy and Daddy couldn't live without you Ray!


Posted by Picasa

17 comments:

The Airharts said...

WAY WAY Scary! Glad that everything is getting better-Browen is a soy only boy too! Maybe their related-oh wait they are. Such cute kids. Hope all is well for you guys. We miss you!

Tiffy Ann said...

I'm sorry you had to deal with that. I'm so glad that he is ok though. He is a cute little guy!

brookiebaby said...

Oh no! So scary! I'm so glad that it isn't anything more serious, and hopes that little ray makes a full and quick recovery! For mom's sake too! :)

jamie @ [kreyv] said...

I am so glad that everything is okay. That must have been a horrible day for you!

The Allen Family said...

Oh my gosh that is so scary. I'm so glad that everything is okay! I'm sure you were freaking out, I would be. What a sweet little guy. I made our blog private. Send me an email so I can invite you.
kelsey2202@hotmail.com

Erin said...

Man, life is full of surprises. Glad he is OK. He's so cute.

Chellese said...

From the look of those pictures, it seems Ray is going to an amusement park not the ER. He is such a cuter.

Happy that you finally updated, you slacker.

Susanna said...

That would be so scary! That would have been such a long for you. I'm so glad he's OK, and it wasn't more serious. Such a cute little boy:)

Laura said...

I am so sorry that you had to go through that. SOOOO glad everything is ok.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
MC Lewis said...

Stupid nurse for scary you like that! I would have told her to shut up...ok maybe not (but maybe if my little girl was get poked at). Thats great he is doing better. Didnt Lola have a hard time with dairy to when you were breastfeeding?

Kelli @ The Loss Cause said...

What a relief that he is okay. I'm sorry for the scare. I could only imagine what you went through.

Doug and Laura said...

I am glad it wasn't more serious. What a sweetheart.

Missy said...

Wow! I can't even imagine! that's so scary. I'm glad everything's ok now.

Kristal said...

Dang, that would make me a mess too!! Glad everything is going to be ok. I can't believe how big he is getting. What a cutie!

Hawk Family said...

Oh that boy has the cutest smile even on a day like that.
I hope things are better, Eli is trying out rice milk now just like Ray.

Kit said...

Oh my word Car!
How scary.
Glad little Ray is okay.