Thursday, April 9, 2009

Lola's Birthday treats "practice run!"

I Saw these adorable Cupcake pops on Bakerella's website and
I thought they would be fun to make, then Lola walked in and saw
the Hello Kitty pops and said that was what she wanted for her
Birthday (NO PRESSURE!) So I searched high and low for all of the
makings and I first tried the little cupcakes, simple enough right? Well I
was all out of oil for the cake mix so I substituted applesauce instead
(BAD IDEA! It tasted great, but wrong consistency! I learned my
lesson - follow the directions!) The Cake worked fine for the mini cupcakes,
but when I attempted the Hello kitty pop, her whole kitty head fell off of the
stick and it was too squishy, and heavy (I blame the applesauce) when I tried to
retrieve it, it was totally munged up. It was supposed to look like the picture of the
clean white kitty's with the pick background, but instead I got a lop-sided lumpy
freaky kitty- But do you think Lola could tell the difference?..........Me neither, she was
so happy with it. I am really glad I did a practice run before the big day, they actually
turned out really cute (the Two that I made!) I wish that I had pictures, but my sister
was the one who took pictures of all the food, so this is all I have for now. So if anyone
wants to make these you should check out bakerella's website, I think they would be so
cute for a baby shower. Check ya later!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: