Saturday, October 2, 2010

Thanks So much!

Gracias!

Thanks everyone for all of your prayers, texts and phone calls, it really means so much to me. Ray's problem is still a mystery, but his tests came back normal, well kinda. He doesn't have Cancer which I was so worried about (why do Doctors even mention that if they don't know?) we did find out that he is allergic to Chicken and Eggs, two things that he NEVER eats anyway. So now we are trying some new Doctors and trying to get some help from a dietitian. Ray doesn't eat hardly anything, we switched him from Soy milk to rice milk to see if anything changes, he doesn't like it really and he keeps asking for "different milk" which is hard for me to hear since he really only eats about a handful of things all of which aren't all that good for him. Yesterday I told him he needed to eat some food and he was crying and said, "I don't know how?" it breaks my heart, I don't know if what he is eating is causing all the swelling in his little body and so he is scared to eat because it will hurt or if he is worried about throwing it up (he has this problem too) he will shudder when I put certain foods in front of him, so sad. We are working with a really good Doctor that wants to see him weekly, so I feel like we are in good hands. Also want to try a holistic approach and see what kinds of remedies they come up with (Thanks Kristin! Love your guts!) Anyway just wanted to give a little update, and say thanks to all of you. So................. Thanks! P.S. Disneyland was a blast, Tony was converted, and is now talking about season passes, that guy is so unpredictable! Check back for the last 7 months (gasp!) of posts, I know I always say I'm going to update, but this times for REAL!

10 comments:

KrisJ said...

Im so sorry you havent gotten any real answers yet. I hope you they can help you guys figure it out ASAP!

Tiffy Ann said...

I'm so glad that he doesn't have anything serious like cancer. I hope that you figure out what is going on soon. Poor guy!!!
Sounds like you had fun on your trip.

Miki said...

So glad to hear it's not cancer! Has he been checked for celiac disease (gluten intolerance)?

Kristal said...

Oh my goodness!!! I had no idea! I am so sorry....that is so scary and just makes me sick to my stomach. I hope you figure things out quickly. You'll be in my prayers.

Bearden Family said...

I am so glad things are going a little better. If you need a holistic Dr. I have a couple I have gone too. One is free and over the phone. If you need numbers give me a call. Good luck with everything.

The Knudsen Family said...

I am glad that you guys had a good time in Disneyland. I am sorry you did not have better news about how to help Ray. I also had Celiac Disease come to mind. I believe that one of the side effects can be the sores and bleeding in the mouth or throat. Good luck trying to get everything figured out.

Katy said...

I feel so awful for Ray, and the rest of you. Those pictures just break my heart!! I hope you can get some more solid answers so you can help him. Poor little guy. :(

If you guys don't have anything going on next week, I have Thursday and Friday off...we could meet up somewhere for lunch or something.

Missy said...

Oh my goodness! I haven't checked your blog in a long time. I didn't know you were going through all of this. I'm glad it's cancer but its sure frustrating to not know what it is. Hopefully they'll figure it out soon!

jenbulkley said...

silliac disease?

Linds said...

Hey carrie,
I just happened to come across your post and it made me think of my little girl..My little daughter has gone through similar things as your son. She couldn't ever eat anything without ever having a tummy ahce, constipation, diarrhea or vomiting. We found out she was allergic to eggs and lactose intolerant..I knew there was more than that. I insisted on more answers so I went to Primary Childrens I got in touch with a GREAT dr there who ran tests on Morghan. First she ruled out Celiac disease which is VERY common and could be a possibility with your little guy..they found out she had horrible acid reflux, treated her for that and it made a HUGE difference. I also took her to a holistic dr which I didn't believe in but now think the world of and found out her body could not tolerate so many thing..I feel for you and hope you find answers, there is truly nothing more frustrating. I hope he is ok! I'm sure you've done everything possible but those are the things I found with my daughter and now with a very strict disciplined diet she is a GREAT Happyy Healthy kid..Good luck to you!