Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Somebody stop me!

Over the last ten years (pretty much) I have been trying to grow my hair out, with no success. I have one bad hair day and I can't contain myself, I grab the scissors and that's the end of it! So since last June I decided I needed to go to a professional hairstylist, lucky for me I have a great friend (Heidi-pants) who does hair so I have been going to her since then. I have only given myself a few small trims in between visits to her, and have felt pretty confident that I was finally going to have the long layered hairstyle that I have been waiting for all these years. Well, that all came to an end last week. I was packing all my things getting ready to head to Delta for a few days and I decided I needed a trim and thin my hair out a little bit, so I parted my hair off and carefully trimmed and thinned my hair layer by layer as I went, when I got to the top layer, I trimmed the ends off and then I grabbed a large section of hair on the back of my head that I was going to thin (while I was cutting my hair my kids were running around me pulling on my pant legs and asking for EVERYTHING!)and I grabbed the wrong scissors! I chopped it off and some of the pieces are only two inches long, I can't believe I did that! So I had to cut my hair back into an a-line (again!) and it is still really uneven, but I have scheduled an appointment with Heidi and I really hope Tony will hide my scissors!

Just making faces!
This was me the day I cut (chopped!) my hair, it was getting so long, sad! I will post pictures as soon as I get it cut, professionally that is!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

brookiebaby said...

Funny, because I just did the same thing! Well, I didn't chop my hair myself, but I did have someone chop it, and almost immediately, I regretted it! I was trying to grow my hair out too, but oh well..I guess!!!! But, you're hair is cute no matter what! I've seen it all lengths! :)

Tiffy Ann said...

Oh my goodness, your hair was so long (for you). It has been forever since I've seen it that long. I'll hide your scissors for you. No, I take that back! Obviously I can't hide my scissors well enough, hence the short do's on my crazies!

KrisJ said...

So cute!! Carrie how the heck do you still look exactly the same!! You havent aged you are so gorgeous!

Matt, Meggan & Ty said...

I like the bangs! Did you have those before? I can't remember...I love my bangs..I've had a lot of compliments...good job! I'm still exploring new ways to wear them!

Lydia said...

That makes me laugh. You are so funny. Of course that would happen to you. I love it. I never cut my hair for anything, hence the mop. If I can't get in, or we don't have to money, my poor hair just grows. I don't think I have had a "style" for about 4 years. I am so lazy! Your hair looks beautiful!

Carina said...

That is hilarious! I feel your pain. It is a good thing that hair keeps growing back.