Saturday, October 11, 2008

Lola's New Friends!

So a couple of weeks ago we took the kids on a walk and while we were out we came across some statues , Lola is usually afraid of statues, but she wasn't afraid of these ones. It was so cute, she kept sitting by them and pretending she was reading with them and she would sit on one side with the girl statue and play with her ponytail (as well as you can play with a bronze ponytail!) and then go over to the other side and lean on the boys shoulder or copy what he was doing and bend her leg and put her foot up on the bench like him. She had me take a ton of pictures! She didn't want to leave them, we finally got her to by telling her that there was another boy one that she could go look at and she was not a fan. He was a bigger boy statue, and right now Lola is really into things that are tiny or "just her size", she is always saying that is just my size, about everything that is little. She hauls around all five of her purses, (plus grocery bags, ziplock bags, small tupperware) full of stuff that is "just her size". She is getting a little carried away with the sandwich bags though, the other day she asked me for one, I gave it to her and a few minutes later she showed me her baby doll (Oatis) stuffed inside, The zipplock zipper was barely able to close, It was a little disturbing, Sorry Oatis! Isn't that the best name, Lola came up with it, the sad pat is Oatis is a girl, but names aren't gender based anymore right? I think I'll name my next girl Bob, keep it simple! HA!
This is just a cute picture of Ray after our walk, I couldn't get a cute one of them together, because Lola wouldn't hold still long enough, I just Love Hats on babies!
This is Lola's favorite outfit, I have to wash it everyday, or she will get it out of the laundry and wear it dirty, that's how special it is to her. She tells me everyday, "I want my flower sparkle shirt from Grandma Jane". Does anyone else have a two year old that wants to change their clothes about ten times a day and throws a complete fit over what they wear? If she wants to change her outfit, she will tell me the one she has on is dirty, but I see nothing on it, then she says, "this is not clothes, I need a skirt, (or pants or whatever it is she thinks is in need of) or pajama's during the day and a dress to wear to bed, she is all sorts of confused! Anyway, this Dollar shirt from wallmart has been well worth the dollar it cost, thanks Grandma G!

I Love how she has her arm around him , it makes him seem so much more real, don't ya think?!


My sweet boy is already 7 and 1/2 months...............................Crazy!

6 comments:

Susanna said...

Kennady was exactly the same way. She started pulling clothes over her head at 8 months and never stopped! Now that she's older it's not as bad, maybe only 2-3 wardrobe changes per day...Girls!!

Brandi Beaver said...

We went through an I only wear one outfit stage with Jade. It lasted for about 2 weeks, even with the kids in preschool making fun of her. Fortunately she got my attention span, and got bored of it. We also went through an I only wear skirts phase that lasted almost a year. I wish I could tell you that the interesting choices go away as they get older, but I haven't seen an end to it yet.Good luck!

brookiebaby said...

Lola is soooo entertaining! I'm sure each day is an adventure at your house!!

Andy, Suzette,Addie,Jack said...

Ray has the sweetest little face!! Lola is such a crack up, what a silly billy!! The statue pic's are so great!!!Is that by the Library????

Katy said...

I LOVE the picture of Lola with her arm around the statue...that girl, I swear...don't bring her around me, or I might keep her. SHEESH...same for baby Ray!! I am also a sucker for a baby in a hat.

About the sling...get on it!! Seriously!! I'm thinking we need another sewing day. I bought some fabric for trim on an apron that I want to make...I just haven't found time to actually sit down to do it. P.S. You are way ahead of me in sewing...especially if you made a costume!!

*/ Jillian said...

The statue thing is so funny! Those pictures are great. And yea I swear every little girl goes through the changing clothes phase! Parker is still in it, going on about a year now!