Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Carrot face, and pink haired lady!!!

So this was the first time I gave Ray carrots and he wasn't so sure about them, after every spoonful he would spit with his tongue out and get carrots all over me and everything else. I love to feed this kid, he always sticks his hands in his mouth and makes the cutest faces, he is so fun.
Lola is always wanting me to take her picture next to baby Ray, I never get them smiling, but I think it's so cute, she has to hold his hand all the time, and he hates it. He is always trying to squirm and wiggle free, but she holds on so tight (I'm sure this is why he doesn't like it) Maybe someday they will understand eachother, I hope!
This was last night, Lola had to wear her tutu to bed, and the biker t-shirt Grandma Lana gave her (she's our little grunge princess) she's always trying to put a spin on fashion, I dig it!

Today I was inspired! I let Lola use the washable markers while I read some tutorials online. When I went to check on her she had colored the backs of her hands pink and layed on them. Some of the color rubbed off on her hair and I decided to go for it, and I put a stripe of pink in her hair, but when I showed her herself in the mirror, she asked for more! I don't know what I was thinking, her hands wouldn't wash off all the way, but I was willing to risk it for a little fun, I think she looks like such a cute little punk! Luckily it all washed right out of her hair, and it was kinda fun, it turned the bathwater pink, I think I'm on to something here!
Right after we washed it out, she said she wanted her hair orange! (maybe tomorrow!)

One more angle!

15 comments:

Tiffy Ann said...

That is so funny that you colored it. She does look so cute with pink in it. I love the cut as well. They are such cuties!!!

The Knudsen Family said...

What cute pictures. Baby Ray is adorable. Lola's hair does look cute with the pink in it. It will give you something fun to do every now and then. I remember doing that to my hair in like middle school. She is so cute though. How fun!

Susanna said...

Oh my gosh! Your kids are beautiful, I swear you could make money off of them:) Lola looks so cute with her pink streaks, I think you are onto something. I love her haircut too, nice job! How did you get her to sit still long enought to do it? That is the truely amazing part!! My kids get pink streaks everytime I cut their hair from my bleeding knuckles, Ouch!

MC Lewis said...

I love the pink hair!! It so doesnt surprise me that you did that. So there is someone I work with that reminds me of you. Oh btw are you doing hair yet? Your hair looks cute!

brookiebaby said...

I love Lola's hair!!! So dang cute! I also really like your hair (from the "famiy photo"). I may have to copy. I want a cute mommy do, but my luck, I'd try to copy, and I wouldn't be able to pull it off! :)

Lydia said...

Hey Carrie. Thanks. I am pretty sure if I can run that far, anyone can. But thanks anyway.

I love all of your cute photos. I absolutely love Lola's hair cut. Of course both of your kids are beautiful, that goes without saying, but I just can't get over how stinkin cute they both are. Their eyes are both so alluring and captivating.

I always enjoy reading your blog. Thanks for sharing it!

Andy, Suzette,Addie,Jack said...

What a fun mom you are, you are seriously so cute!!I will have to do it Addie's hair some time.

I & A said...

You crack me up..coloring your little girls hair pink..shame on you!! Ha ha just kidding I can totally see myself doing that when we have kids. It actually looked cute though

Brook said...

I love the pink hair. Maybe next time Ihave you do my hair I will get pink highlights!

Jonathan and Susan said...

Your family is so cute. I am so glad you are a blogger. It is so nice and easy to catch up a bit.

Angie said...

alex would love to take some credit for inspiring the pink hair..you know we are lovin' it. It was after feeding john carrots and having him spit them on me that I was determined never to feed my children baby food again. Uck!

The Colvins said...

that is such a cute idea! she looks so cute too!

Sarah Pittard said...

Carrie!!! You're definitely on to something... her hair looks awesome!!

*/ Jillian said...

Love it! It looks so cute. I am going to have to put some marker in Parkers hair! She would love it. It was good to see ya last weekend!

Brandi Beaver said...

The pink hair is cute. Why couldn't I have had a cool mom like you? When I put marker in my hair my mom got mad at me. Of course, I was 15, and I did it during school.